Quote of the Day -5/5/09

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
— Edgar Allan Poe

Saturday, January 16, 2010

WIFYR sans BYU

Looks like things are really changing at the WIFYR workshop. They're holding it at Waterford in Sandy, not at BYU, and they're not even offering it through Continuing Education.

Registration should open next week. The two sci-fi/fantasy teachers are Brandon Mull and Dave Wolverton. I am so excited! Here's the link to the Twitter page:

http://twitter.com/foryoungreaders

Hope to see you there!

5 comments:

Doug!as said...

I somehow I missed that it was happening in Sandy. I can get there in 8 minutes from my home.

Here's the new location: http://www.waterfordschool.org It's a 45 acre campus I didn't even know about. Right above the hospital so I suppose I never explored that area fully. Always too preoccupied when driving there. ;)

Not much info available yet at their website: http://foryoungreaders.com.

No word on the cost either.

Jenilyn said...

I only wish it was 8 minutes from my house (like BYU is...). It's giving me second thoughts about attending.

Rebecca J. Carlson said...

I live in Henderson so it doesn't make that much difference. I just found some friends in Sandy to stay with that week, instead of my in-laws in Provo.

D. Cootey said...

I can’t swing it this year. Too many expenditures. I’ve got my oldest daughter heading off to BYU in two months. Next year for sure.

Gabapple said...

Gonna try to make it next year. I'm saving up my pennies right now. :)